Purpose and scope
The purpose of our policy and procedure is to confirm Auscare Victoria’s commitment to clients’ rights and set out how these rights will be communicated and supported by Auscare Victoria and staff.
Legislation, regulations and standards relevant to our policy and procedure include:
– United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
– United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
– Disability Act 2005 (Vic)
– Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic)
– Health and Human Services Standards (Vic) – Empowerment
– 4.9 Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities (Departmental Policies, Procedure and Initiatives, Service Agreement Information Kit for Funded Organisations, Victorian Department of Health and Human Services)
This policy applies to all Auscare Victoria’s Management Team, staff, volunteers and contractors as well as existing and potential Auscare Victoria NDIS clients, their family members, carers and other supporters (clients).